[Dev] arm-wayland image and boot image

Philippe Coval philippe.coval at eurogiciel.fr
Tue Aug 12 07:48:50 GMT 2014

On 12/08/2014 08:03, Chanho Park wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We want to generate arm-wayland image from server.
So do I, You want to create Tizen:Common image dont you ?

> I could make the image for odroid-u3 following the guide[1] (Thx Rkubiak).
> To make the image properly, we should exclude some multimedia package from yaml file.[2]
> Stephane said "This will be changed with the upcoming version of common/meta. In fact it's even already prepared in platform/upstream/meta-generic".
> When do we see the updated common/meta? And who can make the arm-wayland image?

Please help reviewing those I can only merge one of the 2 related
changes at :

https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/q/owner:%22Stephane+Desneux%22+status:open,n,z

> In contrast with x86, we have a boot image which includes kernel/bootloader/kernel modules separately.
> We'll keep the structure in tizen3.0 because we don't have any installer.
> And the boot partition can be easily recovered when it was crashed.
>
> I could make the boot image in my local pc using attached odroid_boot.ks.

May you attach it to a bug

> It'll also need a odroid kernel image

May linux-3.10 tree use kernel-common's packaging
I can help to have something more designed to be forked and built it
along the kernel-common project
feel free to contact me or open bugs and assign them to me

> and a patterns file.
>
> Can anyone make the boot image for  odroid-u3 and arm-common image?

I can try to reproduce if it helps

--
  mailto:philippe.coval at eurogiciel.fr  --  gpg:0x467094BC
  xmpp:philippe.coval.pro at gmail.com