[Dev] Tizen Toolschain GBS Build Issue

Peters, Brad T brad.t.peters at intel.com
Fri Aug 15 21:52:29 GMT 2014

Hi all,

Short version: Incrementing the Build version in the spec is resulting in a

$gbs build -A armv7l
    'Failed to export packaging files from git tree' error.

The details:
I'm attempting to build and submit a new Buxton (v3) build to tizen.org,
but am running into a mysterious issue I've not seen before.

I've updated source, committed the changes locally, and modified the
packaging/buxton.spec accordingly, to get the project building.

However, when I try to increment the Build version from 2 -> 3, I get:

$ gbs build -A armv7l -P arm --include-all

info: start export source from: /home/bpeters/tmp/buxton-3/buxton ...
error: Invalid upstream treeish upstream/3
error: Generating upstream tarball and/or generating patches failed. GBS
tried this as you have upstream branch in you git tree. Fix the problem by
either:
  1. Update your upstream branch and/or fix the spec file. Also, check the
upstream tag format.
  2. Remove or rename the upstream branch (change the package to native)
See
https://source.tizen.org/documentation/reference/git-build-system/upstream-package
for more details.
error: <gbs>Failed to export packaging files from git tree

The recommendations imply I need to fix the upstream branch, but this makes
little sense, as I would expect Upstream to be diff'd against the
development branch, meaning changing it directly is pointless.

Appreciate any ideas

Best regards,
-Brad Peters