[Dev] D-Bus + Cynara

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Mon Aug 18 14:56:32 GMT 2014

On Fri, 2014-08-01 at 21:37 +0200, Lukasz Wojciechowski wrote:
> Jacek will be grateful for code You left. Probably You both can
> synchronize after this 2 weeks, when You'll be back.
>
> On Cynara side, we started work on asynchronous API yesterday.
> Marcin Niesluchowski is the person that is responsible for that task as
> I plan also to go to holiday.
> He will share draft of API next week on mailing list.

I noticed that the async API was merged
(https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/25416) without discussing it on the
list first. I think it would have been better to get a +1 from all
relevant users of the new API (Jacek for dbus-daemon, someone else for
Crosswalk). Jacek left some comments, but I see nothing from the
Crosswalk team.

I'm not particularly happy about how the asynchronous API was completely
separated from the synchronous API (even the constants are defined
twice!). Is mixing the synchronous and asynchronous API in the same
process possible?

The documentation leaves some questions open (what is the caller
supposed to do with the file descriptor?).

Anyway, I think it is usable for dbus-daemon. Jacek, have you perhaps
started to verify that by writing code?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.