[Dev] D-Bus + Cynara

Jacek Bukarewicz j.bukarewicz at samsung.com
Mon Aug 18 16:08:40 GMT 2014

On 08/18/2014 04:56 PM, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-08-01 at 21:37 +0200, Lukasz Wojciechowski wrote:
>> Jacek will be grateful for code You left. Probably You both can
>> synchronize after this 2 weeks, when You'll be back.
>>
>> On Cynara side, we started work on asynchronous API yesterday.
>> Marcin Niesluchowski is the person that is responsible for that task as
>> I plan also to go to holiday.
>> He will share draft of API next week on mailing list.
> I noticed that the async API was merged
> (https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/25416) without discussing it on the
> list first. I think it would have been better to get a +1 from all
> relevant users of the new API (Jacek for dbus-daemon, someone else for
> Crosswalk). Jacek left some comments, but I see nothing from the
> Crosswalk team.
>
> I'm not particularly happy about how the asynchronous API was completely
> separated from the synchronous API (even the constants are defined
> twice!). Is mixing the synchronous and asynchronous API in the same
> process possible?
>
> The documentation leaves some questions open (what is the caller
> supposed to do with the file descriptor?).
>
> Anyway, I think it is usable for dbus-daemon. Jacek, have you perhaps
> started to verify that by writing code?

Hi Patrick,

It looks like asynchronous API has been merged prematurely and will
likely going to change.
I agree that all interested parties should be informed about it and
allowed to make comments before the API is merged.
We'll discuss the details internally and try to bring them forward ASAP.

As for the usability of the current async API for the dbus-daemon - I
wrote a proof-of-concept version and published it on my
dbus sandbox (sandbox/jacekbe/tizen branch in the dbus repo). I tested
it with dummy Cynara async client implementation
and dummy cynara server that are available in
sandbox/jacekbe/cynara-async-dummy branch in the Cynara repo.
Cynara async dummy implementation doesn't implement policy cache so
response is never returned actually, but that's expected.
Once policy cache is implemented it should work (at least for the method
call).
Also cynara_async_check parameters like client and user which are
currently set to empty strings are also available via DBusConnection
so it shouldn't be difficult to fix.

Best regards,

--
Jacek Bukarewicz