[Dev] [ANNOUNCE] Linux Kernel Media mini-summit on Oct, 16-17 in Düsseldorf, Germany

Guennadi Liakhovetski g.liakhovetski at gmx.de
Wed Aug 20 18:57:43 GMT 2014

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As there are still too things to be discussed in order to improve media
> stuff, and most of the developers nowadays are located in Europe and
> usually go to ELCE, we're scheduling a two day mini-summit in DÃŒsseldorf,
> Germany, on Thrusday/Friday.
>
> There is a perfect opportunity to discuss the media Kernel-Userspace
> API improvements that are required for newer devices to work.
> So, we hope to have there the major Kernel contributors to the media
> subsystem, and some people working on userspace, in order to be sure that
> we'll match the needs required on userspace.
>
> In order to properly organize the event, I need the name of the
> developers interested on joining us, plus the themes proposed for
> discussions.

I'll likely be able to attend too. ATM I'm working on camera support in
Android. I think Hans discussed related topics at the previous summit in
the US too, which I didn't manage to attend unfortunately. I'll try to
double-check results of those discussions and see which topics I'd be
interested in discussing further.

On a related note, since I live something like 80km from the venue, I was
thinking about possibly helping to organise a media event in my town - in
Aachen, or in Düsseldorf itself or in neighbouring Cologne (Köln). Let me
know if there's interest. We could use Saturday the 18th of October for
that.

Thanks
Guennadi