[Dev] Issues on converting from vconf to buxton

Peters, Brad T brad.t.peters at intel.com
Wed Aug 20 21:12:29 GMT 2014

What is Buxton and how can I use it?

Should it replace our use of vconf?

I have uploaded "A Brief Guide to Buxton" to the public Tizen wiki, which
should answer these questions, and more.

   https://wiki.tizen.org/w/images/e/e9/ABriefGuidetoBuxton.pdf

Note there is also a Wiki page for Buxton, which provides a high-level
overview of Buxton.

   https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Buxton

We'll be providing a sample conversion of the FLIGHT_MODE vconf key, as
used in a Tizen 2.2 RD PQ image.
Though I would have loved to provide these sample conversions in a 3.0
environment, the only 3.0 Tizen image
I have access to is IVI, which does not use vconf. Thus, not a particularly
good demonstration project ;)

Please use the resources provided, and let me know if there are questions.

Best regards,
Brad Peters
Intel Tizen Mobile Development Lead
   and AppFW Architect