[Dev] can we please merge xlib/util pkgs?

Stéphane Desneux stephane.desneux at open.eurogiciel.org
Thu Aug 21 00:00:05 GMT 2014

+2

Oops... That was a spurious review :)

More seriously, I agree with you. For big ops like bumping the whole X11 stuff
and adding ~100 new packages in Tizen:Common, a review for each package is not
necessary as multiple maintainers and REs are already working on the topic together.

So bypassing Gerrit when hundreds or reviews are needed gives less noise, for
sure. And grouping packages together as one, would certainly help too.

But on the counterpart, things that Gerrit does (communication between
developers) wouldn't be done if maintainers push --force on their git trees.

=> so we should get some compromise: when such a big operation is started, the
steps should be announced here (dev mailing list), some consensus should arise
(say it's a +2 :)) and the progress on the tasks should be regularly updated.
This way, most reviews related to the topic could be avoided, but people would
still know what's going on.

For the X11 integration in T:Common, Boram Park did communicate here and I felt
this sufficient for everybody to know what was going on (and yes, reviews in
gerrit were mostly useless even if this follows the official workflow).

BR
--
Stéphane Desneux
Intel OTC - Vannes/FR