[Dev] TC-1010 / Re: wpa-supplicant 2.2 upgration on tizen.org

Philippe Coval philippe.coval at open.eurogiciel.org
Fri Aug 22 12:23:47 GMT 2014

On 22/08/2014 13:51, Philippe Coval wrote:
> On 22/08/2014 13:19, PRADEEPKUMAR BELLARY wrote:
>> Samsung Enterprise Portal mySingle
>>
>> Hi  Mr. Zhengguang Zhang,
>>

> Hi
>
> 1st note, I am not part of connectivity team at all,
> and I dont know the plans , but I think I can help on the integration
> task
>
>> Latest *wpa-supplicant 2.2*  upstream version has added a support for
>> hotspot2.0.
>>
> I am excited to test this , I guess wifi direct has been enhanced too
> right ?

I built it for Tizen:Common , I can share it before maintainer submit or
accepted it ?

>> Is there any plans for upgradation for the wpa-supplicant 2.2 in
>> tizen.org already ?
>>
> none I know , but I invite you to check the bug tracker and request a
> version bump to latest

I updated that bump to 2.1 bug :

https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/TC-1010

> meanwhile I try to build once rebased on upstream's git tag hostap_2_2 ..
> If its building fine I'll share it to sandbox/pcoval/latest

I builds fine once untracked "HS20" changes are dropped
the list is there :
https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=platform/upstream/wpa_supplicant.git;a=commit;h=fada92d11c390332765d7b61503d82958ccd31fa

I invite to contact developers and ask them if it's still needed
if yes invite them to forward the patches upstream...

If they don't know How and Why please check those slides :
http://www.slideshare.net/rzrfreefr/tizen-upstreamcooptdc2014pcoval

See you in TC-1010

--
  mailto:philippe.coval at eurogiciel.fr  --  gpg:0x467094BC