[Dev] [Cynara] Async admin API proposal

Jacek Bukarewicz j.bukarewicz at samsung.com
Fri Aug 22 13:13:35 GMT 2014

>> My (and Aleksanders) main concerns about cynara_async_check returning answer immediately are:
>> 1. client will be forced to handle two ways of returning answer, which involves:
>>     - in case of cynara_async_check() returning cached value through return value, user even after passing response_callback,
>>       will have to additionally handle cynara_async_check() return value
> that's also my opinion, using the return value is bad.

The thing is that caller often needs to know if access is allowed or
denied. That's the case for dbus daemon. If the result is not available
via return value then callback would have to be made responsible for
passing it via user data.
This also implies that existing structures couldn't be used directly but
would have to be wrapped by another structure containing response field.
It's not a big deal but still something we need to consider.

Best regards,

--
Jacek Bukarewicz
j.bukarewicz at samsung.com