[Dev] [ANNOUNCE] Linux Kernel Media mini-summit on Oct, 16-17 in Düsseldorf, Germany

Philipp Zabel p.zabel at pengutronix.de
Fri Aug 22 13:09:27 GMT 2014

Hi Mauro,

Am Mittwoch, den 13.08.2014, 10:14 -0300 schrieb Mauro Carvalho Chehab:
> Hi,
>
> As there are still too things to be discussed in order to improve media
> stuff, and most of the developers nowadays are located in Europe and
> usually go to ELCE, we're scheduling a two day mini-summit in Düsseldorf,
> Germany, on Thrusday/Friday.
>
> There is a perfect opportunity to discuss the media Kernel-Userspace
> API improvements that are required for newer devices to work.
> So, we hope to have there the major Kernel contributors to the media
> subsystem, and some people working on userspace, in order to be sure that
> we'll match the needs required on userspace.
>
> In order to properly organize the event, I need the name of the
> developers interested on joining us, plus the themes proposed for
> discussions.

I'd like to participate in the media mini-summit.
Here are some themes I'd be interested in:

- Helping userspace to use mem2mem devices; clarification of
  encoder/decoder handling, clarification of format/size setting
  in case of dependencies between input and output formats,
  possibly broad categorisation of mem2mem devices (encoder,
  decoder, scaler, rotator, csc/filter, ...)

- Hierarchical media devices - what if you have a lot of media
  entities and some of them are more closely related to each
  other than others.

regards
Philipp