[Dev] [Cynara] Async admin API proposal

Zofia Abramowska z.abramowska at samsung.com
Fri Aug 22 16:05:00 GMT 2014

Hi,

> > The thing is that caller often needs to know if access is allowed or
> > denied. That's the case for dbus daemon. If the result is not
> > available via return value then callback would have to be made
> > responsible for passing it via user data.
> > This also implies that existing structures couldn't be used directly
> > but would have to be wrapped by another structure containing response
> field.
> > It's not a big deal but still something we need to consider.

Callback will still be called when answer comes through socket. In this case
user must be able to handle this.
We decided on callbacks as it seemed to us as easier and cleaner.
No checks for TRY_AGAIN and user can process more responses than one in one turn
of the loop (check my solution and CYNARA_CALLBACK_STOP/CONTINUE) without
calling API multiple times.

Best regards,
Zofia Abramowska.