[Dev] [Cynara] Async admin API proposal

Tomasz Swierczek t.swierczek at samsung.com
Mon Aug 25 08:03:19 GMT 2014

> You are designing an API whose primary purpose at this point is to be
> used in dbus-daemon.
>
> If there are other users of it, then feel free to get their feedback.
> You have mine and I don't have anything else technical to add, besides a
> small rant below.

[Tomasz] Patrick, we'd love to hear feedback from Crosswalk team, for
example, but they remain silent.

> (...)
>
> <rant> You seem to think that it should be the D-Bus developer's job to
> adapt D-Bus to the Cynara API, not the other way around. I'm sorry to
> disappoint you, but D-Bus is the established project here which doesn't
> care about what Tizen does, while Cynara is the newcomer which will not
> work well without D-Bus support. D-Bus is in maintenance, Cynara under
> active development. So wouldn't it make sense to ensure that the
> combination works by adapting *Cynara* and minimizing changes to D-Bus?
> </rant>

[Tomasz] Patrick - yes, you are right. Since we want Cynara to appear in
already well established, known and maintained project, we should take care
of its needs with high priority. Tomorrow Lucas is getting back to the
office and we will decide what should we do. From your discussion I see that
there are two more-or-less intelligent ways of dealing with cache problem:
either enable the answer to be returned by return value of the async call,
or expose cache directly with dedicated API. Personally I believe that the
1st option is better - simply because it is easier to get rid of it should
we decide to do so. As for overall discussion on this matter, the fact that
DBus people (or DBus-related, DBus-knowing - don't have better idea how to
call you Patrick) have given us a lot of feedback first is something that
should be appreciated.