[Dev] [Cynara] Async admin API proposal

Aleksander Zdyb a.zdyb at partner.samsung.com
Mon Aug 25 09:30:32 GMT 2014

On 25.08.2014 11:04, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-08-25 at 10:35 +0200, Aleksander Zdyb wrote:
>> On 25.08.2014 10:08, José Bollo wrote:
>>> but here again, it is a design choice. having only one flow is also
>>> good. if I'm correctly understanding your design, if write is
>>> blocking, the cached data are also blocked. best regards josé
>> thanks for understanding. Indeed, Zofia and me wanted to make the flow
>> of client code simpler
> Having error handling for cynara_async_check() only in one place would
> make that code simpler.
>
> Assuming that we don't need a return code from cynara_async_check() to
> indicate an immediate granted/denied result, do you agree that
> cynara_async_check() can return void and any errors will be passed to
> the callback?

Patrick,

yes we can do that. Please just keep in mind, that we just wanted
to divide errors:
* "with function call" (for example invalid params,
especially cynara_async *p_cynara, NULL callback, etc.) -- returned
by function and errors
* "in processing" (especially returned by Cynara server via socket)
-- returned in callback.

However we do not insist on that solution and we're good with
void version proposed by you.

--
Aleksander Zdyb