[Dev] [Cynara] Async admin API proposal

Jacek Bukarewicz j.bukarewicz at samsung.com
Mon Aug 25 10:56:49 GMT 2014

Hi,

> @Jacek
>> I think that cynara_async_check not returning error code would make
>> life harder for clients that actually need response in place of the
>> call (that is the case for dbus-daemon I guess ?). What options do such
>> clients have then? He'd have to pass the response via user data which
>> also means:
> Well... as you can see, in cynara_response_callback there's an argument
> 'int response' which as well can contain error code (and probably will in
> some cases
> even when cynara_async_check will return error codes).
> Any constraining design on user_data is not required.
>
> Best regards,
> Zofia Abramowska.

Yes, I know, but I was talking about situation where caller of
cynara_async_check wants to know the response/error code. Currently it's
only available via callback thus forcing it to pass it to the caller
somehow. Even error codes aren't available to the caller. Program flow
might be different if cynara_async_check fails for some reason like lack
of memory.

Best regards,

--
Jacek Bukarewicz