[Dev] [Cynara] Async admin API proposal

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Mon Aug 25 11:50:34 GMT 2014

On 25.8.2014 13:44, Zofia Abramowska wrote:
> Well... as you can see, in cynara_response_callback there's an argument
> 'int response' which as well can contain error code (and probably will in
> some cases
> even when cynara_async_check will return error codes).
> Any constraining design on user_data is not required.

I would strongly object mixing response and error codes. I think
response should be an enum and for error codes there can be a separate
argument, or even better a getter.

Usually application cannot do anything about the failure/error situation
and thus reason for the error is only useful for debug builds and is
unnecessary for production builds.