[Dev] [Cynara] Async admin API proposal

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Mon Aug 25 13:22:09 GMT 2014

On 25.8.2014 16:06, Jacek Bukarewicz wrote:
> In my opinion mixing them is acceptable as long as they can be easily
> differentiated. For example, negative values for errors, non-negative
> for responses. Unfortunately, that's currently not the case where
> "access granted" response is 0, "access denied" is -1 and error codes
> are also negative.

I would like to use simple switch-case construct to deal with response
and "default" bailing out with fatal error. Of course it is also
possible in this case, but the value space is not as nicely restricted
as it would be with enums.

Error code would be accessed only when enum indicate failure. A bit like
errno in POSIX API. Or non-NULL GError with GLib.

For errors I would prefer a GError-style construct where error would be
a struct with both error code and a human-readable message.