[Dev] [Mulituser] user creation/removal notification

Krzysztof Sasiak k.sasiak at samsung.com
Mon Aug 25 13:36:20 GMT 2014

Hello,

   I'd like to propose a new feature for gumd - user added/removed
notifications.

After analysis of the architecture of the current service daemons
running on Tizen, a conclusion has been reached that it would be
beneficiary to have notifications whenever a user is added or removed.
As gumd already uses dbus for communication between service and client,
I propose to use it also for notification about the above mentioned
events. Clients could register signal handlers and then a predefined
callback function would be run.

Example usecases:
1. Buxton: Whenever a user is removed, all per user entries would also
be removed
2. Cynara: User privilege entries are removed, as soon as user is removed

   Correct me if I'm wrong - I've already checked gumd for this feature,
but didn't find anything.

   Please state Your opinion.
--
Samsung Enterprise Portal mySingle