[Dev] [Mulituser] user creation/removal notification

Zaman, Imran imran.zaman at intel.com
Tue Aug 26 11:41:02 GMT 2014

Hi

Jose is correct. DBus notifications for user add/remove already exists. More precisely, dbus notification is at this place:
https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=platform/upstream/gumd.git;a=blob;f=src/daemon/dbus/gumd-dbus-user-service-adapter.c;h=6cd37b9dcd94908349574b049fb386123c0f3d88;hb=refs/heads/upstream#l150

Krzysztof! one question from you:
- We can add user/group add/remove notifications in library libgum which provides (GObject/C) interface to gumd dbus interface provided your components (Buxton, Cynara) can link to the library directly and makes your life easier. So would such solution can help you more or dbus notifications are enough?

Btw we have recently added support for adding scripts in gumd which will be run:
a- after a user is added
b- before a user is about to be deleted
c- after a group is added
d- before a group is about to be deleted.

So the (required) components can add their shell script under e.g. /etc/gumd/useradd.d/  and /etc/gumd/userdel.d/ folders and it will be run (in sorted order)
Here is the commit https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=platform/upstream/gumd.git;a=commit;h=9406e2c5eade7e8798771b5ecf1164a005bd5315

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions.

BR
imran