[Dev] [Cynara] Async admin API proposal

Lukasz Wojciechowski l.wojciechow at partner.samsung.com
Wed Aug 27 05:03:10 GMT 2014

W dniu 2014-08-27 03:18, Oda, Terri pisze:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 7:01 AM, Patrick Ohly <patrick.ohly at intel.com
> <mailto:patrick.ohly at intel.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Thu, 2014-08-21 at 13:29 +0200, Aleksander Zdyb wrote:
>     > Once again, sorry for premature merge of Cynara's asynchronous
>     admin API.
>            ^^^^^
>            client
>     I don't know whether the admin API also needs an asynchronous version.
>     Could be.
>

> As far as crosswalk goes, It looks like we'll be using the admin API
> in the installer only, so synchronous is probably fine.

Thank You for rapid answer.

For installation and launching purposes crosswalk should use
libsecurity-manager-client API instead of direct cynara API.
SecurityManager is responsible for setting up cynara policy. It has API
for installation and launching applications ready.

but ...
as far as I know, I think it will need also cynara client API in browser
process in order to check if running applications have proper privileges
to resources that are accessed by browser process.
Check is needed, because a browser process will run an action in the
name of application, so some system service (managing resource) will
recognize crosswalk's browser process as client.
It is crosswalk responsibility to check if application is allowed to
access resource.

Could You check if synchronous or asynchronous cynara API would fit
better for that task in browser process ?

Best wishes
Lukasz