[Dev] [Mulituser] user creation/removal notification

José Bollo jose.bollo at open.eurogiciel.org
Wed Aug 27 07:30:08 GMT 2014

On mar, 2014-08-26 at 18:00 +0200, Krzysztof Sasiak wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   Thanks for the links and information!
>
>   About the native notification API: I've asked around and it seems
> that dbus is good enough for us.
>
>   One more question: Do You think it would be a good idea to include
> gumd in the standard ks file for images building?

Hi all,

It is planned to be included or is already included.

But we are still having question about that. So I'm jumping into the
opportunity of this mail thread to ask it here. It would avoid browsing
sources if someone will help.

First, is there a relationship between gumd and the usual scripts
provided by pwdutils: useradd/del/mod, groupadd/del/mod or are they
unrelated one to other? The case of the tuning scripts useradd.local,
userdel-post.local, userdel-pre.local, groupadd.local is also important.
Will gumd use it? And what about the configuration file /etc/login.defs,
is it used?

Second (but linked to the previous), we might not have DBUS in during
MIC's image creation process (frankly, I should check that, so if
someone has the answer...). Thus relying on gumd features during image
creation is still hypothetical for me. It would imply that %pre and %
post sections of .spec files shouldn't rely on gumd 8(

Feedbacks are very welcome

Best regards
José