[Dev] Tizen security workshop - summary

Tomasz Swierczek t.swierczek at samsung.com
Wed Aug 27 13:54:56 GMT 2014

Hi Jose!

It is planned to be in security-manager (Rafal is working on it). We don't want to put this into Cynara to keep Cynara clean from Tizen-specific things. Security-Manager will contain APIs needed for proper setup of process contest before application launch (incl. calculating proper string of characters for Smack label - this is already there).

As for the DB - currently we have the smack-privilage-config repository that keeps mapping between smack rules and privileges. Obviously, as we all know, we won't use Smack configuration like this, but I believe we should have similar repository for group-to-privilege mapping and keep list of GIDs for each privilege there. Maybe we could even keep it in security-manager, although this is rather a matter of configuration, not code, so probably separate repository is better idea.

@Rafal - when can we expect needed APIs to be implemented?

BRs,

Tomasz Świerczek
Office +48 22 377 95 59