[Dev] enlightenment support wayland

Wang, Yan yan.wang at intel.com
Thu Aug 28 06:35:50 GMT 2014

Hi, All,
      Just I tried e_comp_wl based on README.wayland in Enlightenment upstream on my Fedora 20.
      We could run enlightenment by ./enlightenment_start and found wayland socket in /run/user/1000/e-yanwang at XXX. And some applications (e.g. calculator of Fedora 20 but terminal not) could run.
      But I couldn't run Weston sample application like Weston-simple-egl even if I change XDG_RUNTIMR_DIR from /run/user/1000 to /run/user/1000/e-yanwang at XXX. It reports the following:
weston-simple-egl: clients/simple-egl.c:151: init_egl: Assertion `ret == 1' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)
      It seems that EGL initialization is failed. May I miss some necessary steps?
      BTW, Weston could run and Weston-simple-egl could run on it rightly.
      Thanks.

Yan Wang