[Dev] PTREL-580 Re: enlightenment support wayland

Philippe Coval philippe.coval at open.eurogiciel.org
Thu Aug 28 08:47:50 GMT 2014

> On Wednesday 27 August 2014 15:13:08 Gwanglim Lee wrote:
>> enlightenment and EFL in tizen common are old and don't support wayland
>> enough. We hope to make enlightenment wayland server stable on upstream
>> ASAP. Then we can merge it to tizen very easily.
>
> The problem might actually be that merging because, as you say, the versions
> we currently have in Tizen Common are old.

For reference I created this page to improove coop model with upstream

https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/EFL

> We need to upgrade them to more recent upstream versions, but that has AFAIK
> triggered problems with the Mobile and Wearable profiles, due to extensions
> made there that were never accepted upstream. So I believe the first step is to
> clean those up.

Yes that's the main issue , I listed the downstream patches that does not match
So we as Tizen:Common maintainers will need to have confirmation from developers
that those patches are not needed or been forwarded upstream etc
With not tracked changes It's almost impossible ...

Si I see 2 options here :

1/ drop downstream changes and force upgrade
2/ refresh downstream changes and expect them to be fwd upstream too

the 1st strategy is doable maintainers side , 2d needs attention for
all profiles developers
(this means create bugs)

Later online

--