[Dev] Changing sleep bahaviour in Tizen 3 for HTML5 Apps

Dominig ar Foll dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Thu Aug 28 09:31:36 GMT 2014

Hello,

I received recently an email remaining me that in Tizen 2.x when an App
was not visible it was to be forced to sleep mode (see bellow signature
the exact pointer in the doc).

In Tizen 3 we have Profiles (in particular IVI) which offers HTML5 as
the main development toolkit and assume that any application (including
platform Apps) can be written in HTML5.
As no one will accept to see the music player go to sleep (and stop
playing any music) as soon as a the GPS will take over the screen to
display a map or a TV stop to play live channel in a PiP when the
program guide is displayed.

In short the 2.2 model which assumes that by default an HTML5 will be
put to sleep when not visible cannot be assumed any more in Tizen 3.

There is a proposition to handle the new mode which can found here :

https://docs.google.com/a/fridu.net/document/d/10L9aHQHwl5xXNwNAmn3V9T7pkbdd5DqOWDlBwJxvoGA/edit?pli=1#heading=h.kz53whwjuj98

Feedback on this new model is welcome.

Regards

--
Dominig ar Foll
Senior Software Architect

According to Tizen core spec,
https://source.tizen.org/sites/default/files/page/tizen-2.2-wrt-core-spec.pdf,
the 0320 section said: The WRT MUST suspend JavaScript execution and
rendering (including CSS animations) when the Web Application enters an
invisible state. Means that a web application should be changed to
suspend status when hiding. But I've noticed that a new Tizen app
framework design: