[Dev] Tizen Yocto Build - Subversion - Do compile Error

Kévin THIERRY kevin.thierry at open.eurogiciel.org
Tue Dec 16 11:17:45 GMT 2014

Hi Geoffroy,

On 12/16/2014 11:57 AM, VanCutsem, Geoffroy wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> I'm still very much of a newbie on Yocto as my own struggles in the past couple of days when trying to get it to work have kindly highlighted for me :-)
>
> I do have a few questions that I hope you can help me with:
> - When you say that the fix will land in the distribution soon, are you referring to the yet-to-be-created tizen-distro (TINF-721) or this one: https://github.com/eurogiciel-oss/tizen-Distro?

I'm talking  about https://github.com/eurogiciel-oss/tizen-Distro which should end up in a Tizen hosted git repo as soon as it is created (TINF-721
).

> - I hit the very same issue when I initially tried to build 'tizen-ivi-core-image' for either genericx86 or genericx86_64... I tried to patch the code but either I patched it the wrong way or I'm missing some steps because I couldn't go passed that error. Here is essentially what I did:
> 	- cd ~/tizen-Distro
> 	- git fetch tizen:scm/bb/meta-tizen refs/changes/20/31620/1 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD
> 	- source ./oe-init-build-env build-generic-x86
> 	- bitbake tizen-ivi-core-image
> Am I missing any steps there?

"git fetch tizen:scm/bb/meta-tizen refs/changes/20/31620/1 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD" I'm not sure it can work since it applies to meta-tizen and you tried to apply it to tizen-Distro (which contains meta-tizen). Maybe the best way for now is to make the modification manually since it is quite a simple change. Also, before building subversion-native, you can try to clean it: "bitbake subversion-native -c cleanall".

> - I eventually decided to start from scratch again in a new directory (tizen-distro-bis) but now I'm facing another build failure related to dbus (see below [1]).
I just talked to Ronan and he said that it should be fixed in meta-tizen
and he will update tizen-Distro with the new meta-tizen today.

I hope this helps, if you have other issues, please let us know through
the dev mailing list (you can also use Jira to report bugs).