[Dev] Solution to change hard coded user/group id w.r.t. Multi user Architecture-Regarding

RAJENDRA NAIK VADTHE vadthe.naik at samsung.com
Mon Feb 3 12:39:34 GMT 2014

Hi,
If we take an example like menu-example.spec,
menu-example.spec:56:vconftool set -t int memory/idle-screen/is_idle_screen_launched "0" -i -u 5000 -f

how do we replace the group id with 5000?
please make the changes as follows.
Steps to be performed for multi user architecture
Please install libtzplatform-config and tizen-platform-config-tools rpms into device.

eval $(tzplatform-get TZ_SYS_USER_GROUP)
USER_GROUP_ID=$(getent group $TZ_SYS_USER_GROUP | cut -f 3 -d :)
vconftool set -t int memory/idle-screen/is_idle_screen_launched "0" -i -u $USER_GROUP_ID -f

tzplatform-get replaces TZ_SYS_USER_GROUP = app
As per multi-user architecture, it is not single-user now, it is "users". Therefore it should be -u or -g but not both.
The above solution is tested and valid.
Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajendra.