[Dev] QtCreator integration with Tizen

Tomasz Olszak olszak.tomasz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 20:20:29 GMT 2014

Hi,

Currently I'm working on updating QtCreator's Tizen plugin for
QtCreator 3. Initially it has used Tizen SDK's cli tools (sdb, native
packaging) and automated creation and deployment of tpk packages.
Having in mind that IVI profile doesn't handle tpk (OSP dependency) I
came to a conclusion that gbs could be considered as the common build
tool for native applications. Therefore I investigated it a bit more
(from QtCreator perspective) and I have following results:

1. Creating a simple bash wrapper for native qmake in gbs buildroot
enables running native (built with OBS) Qt development tools from the
QtCreator.
2. Creating a simple bash wrapper for native make in gbs buildroot
enables running make installed inside gbs buildroot from the
QtCreator.
3. It looks like other build tools from gbs buildroot like gcc, cmake,
automake could be similarly integrated with QtCreator.

The wrappers looks as follows:
#!/bin/bash
#handling certain paths (mount --bind host dir into exactly the same
dir in gbs buildroot) e.g shadowbuild dir, source dir
echo "command $@" | gbs chroot $gbsbuildroot
#in case of qmake wee need to prefix "qmake's -query" output with gbs
buildroot prefix.

Conclusion:
1. The maintenance of development tools is a lot easier if we only use
target binaries. For example In case of Qt we don't need to
build host tools for different distros, architectures, Tizen profiles.

A few questions arise:
1. Do you know about common way of building, deploying native(non web)
applications in all Tizen profiles?
2. Is it possible to add mount --bind feature to gbs chroot (like the
one from [1])?
3. What is the recommended way of building and deploying native
applications for IVI?
4. Where is the Tizen SDK's signing process described? native-signing is
the only tool from Tizen SDK used by QtCreator Tizen's plugin so it
would be more convenient not to download and install whole SDK only
for that.

I would like to kindly ask for your hints and expertise regarding this
topic.

[1] http://proot.me
--
regards,