[Dev] [Tizen Application-dev] Is it possible to reuse the packages from previous build in subsequent builds?

GoGetIt gogetit2717 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 06:27:12 GMT 2014

Hi Paul,

I am using using GBS as my build tool. To build a fresh sync of Tizen
platform sources requires around 4 Hrs to build even with mounted
BUILD-ROOTS (I have 16GB RAM). Once built, packages that are modified will
be built from then on and not the whole thing.

What I am interested to know is, is there a way to reuse any of the built
artifacts to reduce the build time further on new system. For example, lets
say I will do sync and fresh build on one of the system (system A) with
mounted BUILD-ROOTS. It will take around 4-5hrs. Now I want to copy the
source and reuse the built artifacts (like RPMS etc) on another system say
system B so that it wont be a fresh build again and the time taken to build
will be still lesser. Here i will on packages of interest and then do a
incremental build.

Also, another thing I noticed is, even a single line change in any package
will rebuild the whole package and will take lot of time to build. Is there
a way to speed up this process or is it how it will work?

Sorry if my questions are trivial. I am trying to understand the Tizen
platform source build through GBS.

Please let me know any inputs.
Thanks in advance.

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 9:38 PM, Hanchett, Paul <phanchet at jaguarlandrover.com