[Dev] [Tizen Application-dev] Is it possible to reuse the packages from previous build in subsequent builds?

Hanchett, Paul phanchet at jaguarlandrover.com
Thu Feb 6 16:24:49 GMT 2014

I'm pretty sure that GBS rebuilds only what (it thinks) has changed.  You
could verify this by doing a GBS build and then immediately re-invoking
GBS-- The only things it will build are what ever did not build on the
previous attempt.

GBS *does* take a while to figure out package dependencies, but that's much
less time than a total rebuild.

If you do an intervening "repo sync", well all bets are off!  There's a lot
of change going on all the time.  If you need a particular (group of)
package(s) updated, I'm pretty sure there's a way to do that with repo.

I'm also sure that you can tell GBS to build a specific package.  I would
expect that, if the prerequisites are already built it won't rebuild them.
 What I don't know is, if sources for the prerequisites have changed then
will GBS rebuild those packages if asked only for the dependent package?

Even if it rebuilds the prerequisites for the package you ask for, it
should still be much faster than a total rebuild!  [?]

Disclaimer: I have invoked GBS but I can hardly claim to be a GBS expert.
 So, trust but verify!  <G>

Paul

Paul Hanchett
Infotainment Engineer
MSX on behalf of Jaguar Land Rover
One World Trade Center, 121 Southwest Salmon Street, 11th Floor, Portland,
Oregon, 97204

Email: phanchet at jaguarlandrover.com

Business Details:
Jaguar Land Rover Limited