[Dev] upgrading some "upstream" packages

Maciej Wereski m.wereski at partner.samsung.com
Tue Feb 11 11:07:08 GMT 2014

11.02.2014 at 11:10 Philippe Coval <philippe.coval at eurogiciel.fr> wrote:

> Hi,Thank you for this Integrator tasks to ease maintainers job
>
> Wouldnt it help to contact directly maintainers (through a jirabug?)

Well, contacting maintainers directly (by jira or e-mail) is good idea,
but maintainers should also read [Dev] ML.
We wanted to have these package updated, hence this thread. Another
advantage is that also other possibly affected developers are notified and
can test changes.

Obviously, announcing all upgrades on [Dev] might be not the best idea,
because list would be flooded by upgrade messages. Lets hope that
responsible people soon start to maintain their packages.

> But is this the right workflow ?

I think, that there's no official workflow for that.

> Note, I wasnt able to build your branch since it miss upstream tag(tags
> cant be pushed to sandbox,  but this can be  workarounded by adding
> tag's hash into .gbs.conf ...)
>
> I'm asking because I am a similar version and it seems to be stuck too :
> https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/TIVI-2686?jql=text%20~%20%22python-elementary%22
>

> By the way , please maintainers can you have a look at my unmerged
> changes :
> https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/q/owner:%22Philippe+Coval%22+status:open,n,z

Have you tried to contact maintainers directly by e-mail?

> Regards
>

> --mailto:philippe.coval at eurogiciel.fr  --  gpg:0x467094BC
> xmpp:philippe.coval.pro at gmail.com
> https://dockr.eurogiciel.fr/blogs/embedded/author/pcl/