[Dev] upgrading some "upstream" packages

Ylinen, Mikko mikko.ylinen at intel.com
Wed Feb 19 09:02:31 GMT 2014

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 4:54 PM, Artem Bityutskiy <
artem.bityutskiy at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2014-01-16 at 09:39 -0800, Kok, Auke-jan H wrote:
> > IOW, go ahead and submit changes to Linux-Firmware, they should be
> > accepted quickly.
>
> Yes, thanks I will next week, this week is too busy.
>
> Although I am not sure about the 'accepted quickly' part. Most probably
> this will be about rebasing both the 'upstream' and the 'tizen'
> branches.
>
> The former is because the current 'upstream' branch does not contain the
> upstream history, which is probably not what we want. So I'd lust
> hard-reset it to the current upstream. Is this right?

Would everybody agree with this proposal?

I looked into the status of Tizen linux-firmware tree and noticed:

- the original 'upstream' tarball repo (source0) is no longer available
(so we cannot gbs import new versions anymore).
- git.kernel.org provides a maintained git tree for linux-firmware

So there right way to do this is (like Artem proposed): push
new 'upstream' branch with history and rebase 'tizen' on top of that.
Additionally, 'pristine-tar' would no longer be needed.

OK?

-- Mikko