[Dev] Inclusion of glib headers in Tizen Native public header files

MANASIJ SUR ROY manasij.r at samsung.com
Thu Feb 20 08:19:07 GMT 2014

Hi Alex,

Thanks for sharing the multiplugin code.

From the code I can see that "--list-plugin" and "--load-plugin" options have been added for plugin loader daemons. So I think plugin loaders can decide the type of the plugin file? (i.e. to use .so or .exe)
The reason we are evaluating .exe as authenticator plugins are:
1) Tizen mandates the API level access control for security sensitive operations(Privileges). For .so, it is the responsibility of the loading application/process to have the privileges required by the .so.
In our case it will be plugind, which can not know the list of privileges required by the authenticator plugins beforehand.
2) Tizen::Social namespace has "Account" module which lets 3rd party developers to create app controls (.exe) for doing CRUD on Tizen accounts.
We can integrate SSO functionalities with these app controls so that they dont need to deploy one .exe (for Tizen::Social Account) and one .so (for SSO).

So we would like to know, from gSSO's point of view is there any issue if plugins are .exe instead of .so?

- Thanks and Regards,
  Manasij
  Samsung R&D Institute India, Bangalore