[Dev] Inclusion of glib headers in Tizen Native public header files

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at intel.com
Thu Feb 20 12:57:16 GMT 2014

Hello Manasij,

I'm not very familiar with Tizen app controls (just had a quick look at
the documentation), but I think there is no issue - if you can express
the gsso plugin API in terms of the app control API.

Gsso requires the following from the plugin loaders:

1) listing available plugins on standard output with --list-plugins

2) with --load-plugin=name, a plugin d-bus object should be exported on
a communication channel made of standard input and standard output
streams (you can reuse the code from the default loader for this). Any
diagnostic and debug messages should go to standard error.

3) plugin loader should shut down gracefully when a SIGTERM signal is
sent to it.

Anything else that happens in the plugin loader is invisible to gsso,
and you can decide what is the best solution for loading plugins and
communicating with them. If Tizen app controls is the best mechanism,
then that's fine.

Also note that for many types of accounts, it is not necessary to write
an authentication plugin - if the service is using OAuth, or SASL, or a
simple username+password-based login, then it can simply use gsso's
standard plugins, and providing just the account CRUD module is enough.

I can imagine that custom authentication plugins would be needed for
proprietary things like iTunes or Skype, or other services with
non-standard auth protocols.

Regards,
Alex