[Dev] How to Build tizen image on x86?

Zhang, Qiang Z qiang.z.zhang at intel.com
Wed Feb 26 03:18:26 GMT 2014

[Qiang] Right.

GBS is used to build packages you want to re-built. For example, you can build ~20
Packages, which you are interested in. The output of gbs is binary local RPM, by default
it located at ~/GBS-ROOT/local/repos/{profile}/{arch}/ which can be added to ks filed used
by mic.

The official ks file can be downloaded directly, for example:
IVI: http://download.tizen.org/releases/daily/tizen/ivi/ivi/latest/builddata/image-configs/
Mobile: http://download.tizen.org/releases/daily/tizen/mobile/latest/builddata/image-configs/

For published repository, we suggest to use released one instead of live repo and snapshot:
http://download.tizen.org/releases/daily/tizen/  for tizen 3.0
http://download.tizen.org/releases/2.2/ tizen 2.2.

I think you need several hours to read MIC document:
 https://source.tizen.org/documentation/reference/mic-image-creator
And How to use gbs and mic to create image from scratch:
 https://source.tizen.org/documentation/developer-guide/creating-tizen-image-scratch

Thanks
Qiang