[Dev] How to set up gerrit? The instructions are NOT helpful

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at intel.com
Wed Feb 26 15:50:23 GMT 2014

Hello all,

after cloning a project, I'd like to set up gerrit, but the instructions
are really not helping.

The webpage
https://source.tizen.org/documentation/developer-guide/submitting-and-reviewing-on-gerrit-and-obs
says:
=========================
Add the following configuration in .git/config and save the file:

[remote "origin"]
     fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
     url = tizen:<Project>
     push = HEAD:refs/for/devel
     receivepack = git receive-pack --reviewer=<E-mail_Address> ...
[Branch "<Local_Branch>"]
     remote = origin
     merge = refs/heads/master
=========================

Okay, but my existing .git/config looks like:
=================
[core]
         repositoryformatversion = 0
         filemode = true
         bare = false
         logallrefupdates = true
[remote "origin"]
         url = ssh://akanavin@review.tizen.org:29418/profile/ivi/rygel
         fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
[branch "tizen"]
         remote = origin
         merge = refs/heads/tizen
[branch "upstream"]
         remote = origin
         merge = refs/heads/upstream
=================

So do I really add one to the other, or do I somehow merge the two
configs? What should I fill in for project, local branch, and email
address, how am I supposed to know those? Can I simply get a complete,
working example for a real project, that I can copy and tweak?

Also, what is the meaning of the above snippet, and what's going to
happen after I add it?

Because I don't know the answers to any of the above questions, I've
skipped the gerrit review altogether and pushed my change straight to OBS.

Thanks,
Alex