[Dev] How to set up gerrit? The instructions are NOT helpful

Kanevskiy, Alexander alexander.kanevskiy at intel.com
Wed Feb 26 16:04:53 GMT 2014

On 26/02/14 17:50 , "Alexander Kanavin" <alexander.kanavin at intel.com>
wrote:

>Hello all,
>

>after cloning a project, I'd like to set up gerrit, but the instructions
>are really not helping.

In reality, you don’t need to change your .git/config that is generated by
default in your cloned repository.

You may add few lines to it if you’d like, but it is not mandatory.

Let me explain few additions that might be useful:

1. in remote “origin” section:

    push = HEAD:refs/for/devel

this helps to simplify operation with submitting patches.

without it, it’s better to do “git push origin HEAD:refs/for/tizen” (if
you’re submitting patches from your HEAD towards tizen branch for review).
line above just makes it simpler for developer to type “git push origin”.
the rest, HEAD and target branch it would take from config.

2. in remote “origin” section:
    receivepack = git receive-pack --reviewer=<E-mail_Address> …

this helps to add automatically some specific reviewers for that project,
if you’d like to specify them manually. (e.g. you want 2-3 of your
colleagues explicitly reviewing your patches).
You don’t need to do that explicitly, as domain maintainers would would be
added automatically to change.