[Dev] Ideas for Tizen high-risk and/or low-priority work

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Feb 27 01:08:12 GMT 2014

As some of you know, we’re engaging university students and trying to get them
to participate in Tizen, as part of platform development. We’ve also got a bit
of budget allocated from the Tizen funds and we’d like to start the pilot
project by April 1st.

In order to do that, we need to populate a list of ideas for projects that
could be achieved in 3 months by a group of 2-4 University students (last year
Computer Science or Master candidates). For example, Casey suggested a project
that would implement IPv6 support for SMACK.

If you have ideas, please send them to me. Please write me a short paragraph
explaining:
 * Brief description of the project
 * Expected results, including intermediary goals / milestones if you can
    think of any
 * Prerequisite knowledge that might be necessary
 * Whether you’d volunteer to mentor the group of students; if not, who might
    be the best mentor

I’ll collect all ideas and write them down in a wiki page in wiki.tizen.org.