[Dev] [Tizen Generic] pure Wayland image

Manuel Bachmann manuel.bachmann at open.eurogiciel.org
Thu Feb 27 07:58:49 GMT 2014

Hi Tanay,

Please find my answers to your questions below :

1) "gl" is provided by "mesa", but only in the x11/xwayland profiles,
because it would then pull "x" (and we only want that in these profiles).
So in pure wayland, "mesa" only provides "glesv2".

2) These functions should be platform-agnostic. wrt-installer may have
problems, but this should definitively work in pure wayland, too.

Regards,
Manuel

> Hi All,
>

> With reference to bugs PTREL - 585 / 589.
>
> I am making modifications for the pure wayland support in WRT and
> wrt-installer component.
>
> Please do help me with couple of clarifications:
>
> 1) What is the dependency of 'mesa' , 'wayland' and 'x'
> As of now it seems like 'mesa' & 'x' requires "gl" package; 'wayland' does
> not. How do we handle mesa (ON) in pure wayland.
>
> 2) I was able to get the build for wrt-installer working for pure
> wayland with changes in the CMakeLists and spec file.
> However , there is usage of the following ecore related function and macro.
> ./src/logic/installer_controller.cpp:55:    return ECORE_CALLBACK_CANCEL;
> //
> Eina bool type
> ./src/logic/installer_controller.cpp:65:
>  ecore_idler_add(AddNextStep,
> model);
>
> I found definitions @
> http://docs.enlightenment.org/auto/evas/group__Ecore__Idle__Group.html
>

> As this is ecore related functionality, I guess there will be no changes
> to the same. Please confirm.
>

> -Tanay

Regards,

*Manuel BACHMANN Tizen Project VANNES-FR*