[Dev] Tizen WiNet (WiFi & Network) Framework Prototype Version is Released!

Zhang, Zhengguang zhengguang.zhang at intel.com
Thu Jul 3 02:22:57 GMT 2014

Hi, All

We tested the WiNet framework prototype version on our Mobile platform, and below are some memory consumption data comparing with the current Tizen solution:

Opertions

Current Tizen Solution

WiNet Framework Solution

Improved Percent

WiFi Enabled

net-config: ~840K

winet-service: ~520K

(840-520)/840 = 38%

WiFi Connected

net-config: ~850K

winet-service: ~530K

(850-530)/850 = 38%

WiFi Tethering Enabled

net-config: ~840K
mobileap-agent: ~1230K

winet-service: ~520K

(840+1230-520)/(840+1230) = 75%

>From the prototype data, we can see WiNet framework solution can save much more memory than current tizen solution from middle layer.
We will continue to optimize and implement it, and any suggestions during your review process, don't hesitate to let me know please.

Thanks,
Zhang Zhengguang