[Dev] Systemd need to regain alignment with upstream sync model

Dominig Ar Foll dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Wed Jul 9 10:16:16 GMT 2014

Hello,

I would like to draw the attention on the need to put in place a
program to realign Tizen with upstreamed systemd.

The current version of systemd in Tizen is :
    Version:        208
    Link: https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/admin/projects/platform/upstream/systemd
    No smack support

The last ustream version of systemd is
    Version:        215
    Link: http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/
    Smack support but needs patches for SmackExecLabel

Current Tizen work in progress:
https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/admin/projects/platform/upstream/systemd,branches

It seems that there is no action to find a way to allow Tizen to use
an upstream systemd without patches. Considering the criticality of
systemd in Tizen, it is obvious that we will need to tightly follow
corrections and improvements from upstream and so, we need to correct
our current position.

Systemd maintainers, could you please explain us how and when you plan
to re-align with upstream ?

Thanks.

--
Dominig ar Foll