[Dev] Jira worflow enhancement for PTREL project possible ?

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Tue Mar 18 09:47:39 GMT 2014

On Tue, 2014-03-18 at 09:45 +0100, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
> However, I don't think such transition
> should be possible. Once a bug is assigned the only way for an assignee
> to get rid of it is to find a person who would take the responsibility.

Suppose an issue was accidentally or, to phrase it more mildly,
tentatively assigned to someone. Perhaps the assigner wasn't sure which
developer would be able to take the issue. If the assigner picked the
wrong person, the assignee needs a way to reject the issue as quickly as
possible. Otherwise the issue seems fine (assigned) while in fact it
still needs an owner. Finding that owner is the job of the planners, not
that of individual developers.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.