[Dev] New Tizen Bluetooth Framwork (NTB) wiki page

Dominig ar Foll dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Mon May 5 14:22:00 GMT 2014

Hello,

I had a review of your proposition and while it goes toward the right
direction, I see a potential issue and I'd like a clarification.

Requesting the App to manage the direct access to BlueZ is not a good
idea at all.

While t simplifies the upgrade of the FW from one version of BlueZ API
to the next, it put the burden on the Apps themselves, what is far more
complex to control as each App needs to be individually updated.
Furthermore, it will likely not work well in a multi user environment as
resource locking per user is not the standard operation mode of BlueZ.

I have no issue with your graphic as all calls from Apps are directed
via a "new" CAPI where we can add the multiuser ressource and security
checks but your text is in conflict with your graph when it says "Apps
should access BlueZ directly in most situations".

Can you clarify if all calls to the BT service are done via the new CAPI
and that in no case an App are expected to talk directly to BlueZ.

Regards

Dominig

Le 01/05/2014 23:25, Xu, Martin a écrit :

> Hi:
>
> We have created the wiki page for NTB.
>
> https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/NTB_Architecture
>

> Thanks!