[Dev] New Tizen Bluetooth Framwork (NTB) wiki page

Xu, Martin martin.xu at intel.com
Mon May 5 19:00:14 GMT 2014

Hi Kis:

All of your questions have been discussed for a long time between Samsung, upstream(Marcel, Johan, Luiz, you can assume that we are the same team).
And we have to compromise at some point to balance each side.

So it is not necessary for all the services to call BlueZ through CAPI, especially for the upstream projects already call BlueZ directly, we need not to make it call through CAPI. And we can assume that that project maintainer will maintain the project to align with BlueZ. Like oFono, it will call to BlueZ direct for HFP support.

On the contrary, Samsung want their telephony stack talk to BlueZ through CAPI, so they want to keep the HFP CAPI.

So in general, the Tizen specific apps or services should based on CAPI, some system level service(especially upstream one) should case by case.

Thanks!