[Dev] systemd-212

Łukasz Stelmach l.stelmach at samsung.com
Fri May 9 13:07:29 GMT 2014

It was <2014-04-30 śro 17:38>, when Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I've prepared an update for systemd (212) in Tizen. Before I push it
> gerrit I'd like to ask you to take a look at it. It is available as my
> sandbox branch
>
> git fetch ssh://review.tizen.org:29418/platform/upstream/systemd sandbox/lstelmach/tizen-v212
>
> Please report any and all problems you encounter while trying to use
> this version.

While testing v212 I found a problem with cgroup management introduced
by a commit[0] in systemd. The commit prevents any other programme from
creating a directory in /sys/fs/cgroup. When amd tries to set up its
"mgr" directory it hits[1]. Then amd as a revenge[2] destroys all the
contents of the directory.

The easiest way to overcome this problem is to revert the systemd patch
on the tizen branch. However, this might have some long term
consequences. I don't know much about amd and the way/reason it uses
cgroups so I can't devise any solution.

As far as I remember there have been plan to forbid any programme other
than PID#1 systemd control cgroup hierarchies.

[0] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/?id=679142ce

[1] https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/core/appfw/aul-1.git;a=blob;f=am_daemon/amd_cgutil.c;h=4c6f8b8c83c91a2171ff6cca79a9968b6a3b97ce#l301

[2] https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/core/appfw/aul-1.git;a=blob;f=am_daemon/amd_cgutil.c;h=4c6f8b8c83c91a2171ff6cca79a9968b6a3b97ce#l400

[3] https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/core/appfw/aul-1.git;a=blob;f=am_daemon/amd_cgutil.c;h=4c6f8b8c83c91a2171ff6cca79a9968b6a3b97ce#l191