[Dev] systemd-212

Łukasz Stelmach l.stelmach at samsung.com
Tue May 13 11:05:37 GMT 2014

It was <2014-05-09 pią 15:07>, when Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
> It was <2014-04-30 śro 17:38>, when Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
>> I've prepared an update for systemd (212) in Tizen. Before I push it
>> gerrit I'd like to ask you to take a look at it. It is available as my
>> sandbox branch
>>
>> git fetch ssh://review.tizen.org:29418/platform/upstream/systemd
>> sandbox/lstelmach/tizen-v212
>>
>> Please report any and all problems you encounter while trying to use
>> this version.
>
> While testing v212 I found a problem with cgroup management introduced
> by a commit[0] in systemd. The commit prevents any other programme from
> creating a directory in /sys/fs/cgroup. When amd tries to set up its
> "mgr" directory it hits[1]. Then amd as a revenge[2] destroys all the
> contents of the directory.
>
> The easiest way to overcome this problem is to revert the systemd patch
> on the tizen branch. However, this might have some long term
> consequences. I don't know much about amd and the way/reason it uses
> cgroups so I can't devise any solution.
>
> As far as I remember there have been plan to forbid any programme other
> than PID#1 systemd control cgroup hierarchies.

I asked[1] the question at systemd-devel. Lennart described[2] the
current sitation and future prospects as well as he suggested mounting
amd's cgroup hierarchy in /run rather than in /sys/fs/cgroup.

I've just created PTREL-805[3] for amd to keep track of fixing the issue
in amd.

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2014-May/019091.html

[2] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2014-May/019110.html

[3] https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/PTREL-805