[Dev] enforcing priviliges of web apps (was: Re: New Tizen Bluetooth Framwork (NTB) wiki page)

Counihan, Tom tom.counihan at intel.com
Tue May 13 11:13:41 GMT 2014

Sorry Baptiste – I probably need more coffee over here…..

So, is the browser process a singleton. Only one exists to service many apps invoking W3C Interfaces?
And for every application that invokes Tizen HTML5 APIs it has 2 dedicated process (extension & render).

Using an example, if I have 2 web applications:
App 1:
                Invokes W3C File API<http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-FileAPI-20111020/> http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-FileAPI-20111020/
                Invokes: Tizen Bluetooth API; https://developer.tizen.org/dev-guide/2.2.0/org.tizen.web.device.apireference/tizen/bluetooth.html

App 2:
                Invokes W3C Battery Status API -http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-battery-status-20120508
                Invokes NFC - https://developer.tizen.org/dev-guide/2.2.0/org.tizen.web.device.apireference/tizen/nfc.html

I will end up with a total count of 1 browser process and 4 other processes (2x extension & renderer) = 5 processes?

Is this correct?