[Dev] enforcing priviliges of web apps (was: Re: New Tizen Bluetooth Framwork (NTB) wiki page)

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Tue May 13 12:29:40 GMT 2014

On Tue, 2014-05-13 at 11:13 +0000, Counihan, Tom wrote:
> Sorry Baptiste – I probably need more coffee over here…..
>

> So, is the browser process a singleton. Only one exists to service
> many apps invoking W3C Interfaces?
>
> And for every application that invokes Tizen HTML5 APIs it has 2
> dedicated process (extension & render).
>

> Using an example, if I have 2 web applications:
>
> App 1:
>
>                 Invokes W3CFile API
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-FileAPI-20111020/
>
>                 Invokes: Tizen Bluetooth API;
> https://developer.tizen.org/dev-guide/2.2.0/org.tizen.web.device.apireference/tizen/bluetooth.html
>

> App 2:
>
>                 Invokes W3C Battery Status API
> -http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-battery-status-20120508
>
>                 Invokes NFC -
> https://developer.tizen.org/dev-guide/2.2.0/org.tizen.web.device.apireference/tizen/nfc.html
>

> I will end up with a total count of 1 browser process and 4 other
> processes (2x extension & renderer) = 5 processes?
>

> Is this correct?

And to extend the question, which process will be the one talking to the
rest of the system services?

It has been said that the Crosswalk extension process will be used to
implement Tizen specific APIs, but what about these W3C APIs? Will
system requests required to implement those come from the single,
one-per-user Crosswalk process that gets shared by different web apps?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.