[Dev] enforcing priviliges of web apps (was: Re: New Tizen Bluetooth Framwork (NTB) wiki page)

Baptiste Durand baptiste.durand at open.eurogiciel.org
Tue May 13 12:34:17 GMT 2014

>  Sorry Baptiste – I probably need more coffee over here…..

No problem.

>  So, is the browser process a singleton. Only one exists to service many
> apps invoking W3C Interfaces?
>
> And for every application that invokes Tizen HTML5 APIs it has 2 dedicated
> process (extension & render).
>

> Using an example, if I have 2 web applications:
>
> App 1:
>
>                 Invokes W3C *File API*<http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-FileAPI-20111020/>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-FileAPI-20111020/
>
>                 Invokes: Tizen Bluetooth API;
> https://developer.tizen.org/dev-guide/2.2.0/org.tizen.web.device.apireference/tizen/bluetooth.html
>

> App 2:
>
>                 Invokes W3C Battery Status API -
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/CR-battery-status-20120508
>
>                 Invokes NFC -
> https://developer.tizen.org/dev-guide/2.2.0/org.tizen.web.device.apireference/tizen/nfc.html
>

> I will end up with a total count of 1 browser process and 4 other
> processes (2x extension & renderer) = 5 processes?
>

> Is this correct?

Yes If each applications is started by the same user.

Otherwise it should be 6 processes : 2 Browsers process + 4 other process
(2 x Extension Porcess & 2 Renderer Process)

See below a diagram the diagram that show up

User 1 with 3 applications launched + User 2 with 2 application launched

 BR

Baptiste

--
Baptiste DURAND