[Dev] Understanding Cynara scope.

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Tue May 13 12:38:57 GMT 2014

On Tue, 2014-05-13 at 14:11 +0200, Rafał Krypa wrote:
> On 2014-05-13 11:36, Counihan, Tom wrote:
> >
> > Hi Folks,
> >

> > Reading all the extensive traffic on the topic, I come away with a vision of the Cynara scope.
> >
> > I would like to ask the question to get it validated.
> >

> > Is Cynara’s exclusive goal to service ‘downloadable’ Web applications from an ‘app store’?
> >

> Let me try to answer that question.
> The main purpose for Cynara is to implement user space access control
> between downloadable applications and built-in services. We are
> considering both web applications and native applications (OSP, or
> potentially other native app framwork).

What are your thoughts on Crosswalk in this context (see the "enforcing
priviliges of web apps" discussion)?

Your assumption seems to be that each application has its own Unix
process; at least that's how the methods described under "gather
required info" sections for D-Bus work. Correct?

As identified in the other mail thread, Crosswalk itself is not a simple
native application. Instead it is a system component which hosts
multiple other downloadable web applications.

Do you envision Crosswalk calling Cynara to check app privileges?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.