[Dev] Tizen 3.0 release planning

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Tue May 13 13:49:58 GMT 2014

On Fri, 2014-05-09 at 21:30 +0000, Saxena, Sunil wrote:
> We are moving forward to get an alpha release for Tizen 3.0 completed
> before TDC next month.  We have collected initial draft list of all
> the things that we need to do to achieve that goal in the wiki page at
> https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Tizen_3.0.
>

> Please feel free to update and provide any suggestions or corrections
> for all the features and tasks that are in the wiki page.

Perhaps it is worth clarifying one aspect of that page: it talks about
individual components, right?

For example, Cynara in alpha just means that Cynara will be available
and presumably work for some use cases. Which use cases? Neither PTF-198
nor the wiki page talk about that. The Wiki page has a roadmap, but it
is not correlated with Tizen milestones.

It may also be worth defining and tracking some higher level,
cross-component goals for Tizen, like "run web apps securely". Do we
have a JIRA entry for that? If not, is that an oversight or is this not
a goal for 3.0?

Such an issue would depend on having the necessary components in Tizen
(as listed in the Tizen_3.0 page) *and* adapting the entire system to
use them correctly. The second part seems to be unclear at the moment,
judging from what has been said so far in the Cynara and Crosswalk
discussions here on the list.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.